Posted on 23 Jan 2017
A popular raw material, cassava currently represents the third largest source of starch (after corn and wheat) and is grown in around 90 countries. Cassava starch can be easily extracted as compared to other starches, by incorporating a simple process which can be performed on a small-scale with limited capital.
Owing to the low levels of proteins and lipids present in cassava roots, cassava starch has a high level of purity. In addition, with varied physical and chemical properties such as high viscosity, high clarity, and high freeze-thaw stability, cassava starch finds numerous applications in various industries such as sweeteners, MSG/lysine, food, paper, modified starch, sago pearl, etc. In the food industry, it is used in the processing of bakery & pastry products, noodles, soups, yogurts, ice creams, soft drinks, etc. Industrial applications of cassava starch have also evolved into a multibillion dollar business. Some of its other uses lie in the processing of paper, cardboard, plywood, leather goods, cement, glue, paste, etc. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global cassava starch market reached a volume of 6.8 Million Tons in 2016 and is further expected to reach 7.5 Million Tons by 2022.
Key findings from the report:
• The major end-users of cassava starch are sweeteners, MSG/lysine, food, paper, modified starch, sago pearl and others. Sweeteners accounted for the largest share in 2016. The mounting applications of cassava starch in these industries have contributed to the growth of the global cassava starch market.
• Region-wise, Asia-Pacific dominated the market with Indonesia and Thailand being the largest producers. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
• Some of the key players operating in the global cassava starch market include T.C.S Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd., Eiamheng Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd., SUNRISE International, Inc., PT Budi Starch & Sweetener Tbk and SPAC Tapioca Product Ltd.
• The continuous development of new products has enabled the starch industry to continue its expansion.
Expert Market Research has analysed the global cassava starch market according to end-use, major regions and top players:
Market breakup by End-Use
• Modified Starch
• Sago Pearl
Market breakup by Region
• North America
• Middle East and Africa
• South America
• T.C.S Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd.
• Eiamheng Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd.
• SUNRISE International, Inc.
• PT Budi Starch & Sweetener Tbk
• SPAC Tapioca Product Ltd.
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
The report by Expert Market Research entitled “Cassava Starch Market Report and Forecast 2017-2022” provides a comprehensive analysis for anyone who plans to foray into the cassava starch market.
This report by Expert Market Research entitled “Cocoa Processing Market Report and Forecast 2017-2022” provides a comprehensive analysis for anyone who plans to foray into the cocoa processing ind...
This report by Expert Market Research entitled “Vegetable Oil Market Report and Forecast 2017-2022” provides a comprehensive analysis for anyone who plans to foray in the vegetable oil market.
During 2009-2016, the global vinegar market grew at a CAGR of around 2.1%. The market is currently being driven by an increasing demand in domestic, medical and industrial applications. Although the f...
There is a huge demand for fresh as well as frozen shrimps in the global market. During 2009-2016, the global shrimp production market grew at a CAGR of around 3%. The market is currently being driven...
Have any queries or concern?