Posted on 11 Dec 2018
A popular raw material, cassava currently represents the third largest source of starch (after corn and wheat) and is grown in around 90 countries. Cassava starch can be easily extracted as compared to other starches, by incorporating a simple process which can be performed on a small-scale with limited capital.
Owing to the low levels of proteins and lipids present in cassava roots, cassava starch has a high level of purity. In addition, with varied physical and chemical properties such as high viscosity, high clarity, and high freeze-thaw stability, cassava starch finds numerous applications in various industries such as sweeteners, MSG/lysine, food, paper, modified starch, sago pearl, etc. In the food industry, it is used in the processing of bakery & pastry products, noodles, soups, yogurts, ice creams, soft drinks, etc. Industrial applications of cassava starch have also evolved into a multibillion dollar business. Some of its other uses lie in the processing of paper, cardboard, plywood, leather goods, cement, glue, paste, etc. According to a new report by Expert Market Research, the global cassava starch market reached a volume of 7Million Tons in 2018 and is further expected to reach 7.8 Million Tons by 2024.
Key findings from the report:
• The major end-users of cassava starch are sweeteners, MSG/lysine, food, paper, modified starch, sago pearl and others. Sweeteners accounted for the largest share in 2018. The mounting applications of cassava starch in these industries have contributed to the growth of the global cassava starch market.
• Region-wise, Asia-Pacific dominated the market with Indonesia and Thailand being the largest producers. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
• Some of the key players operating in the global cassava starch market include T.C.S Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd., Eiamheng Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd., SUNRISE International, Inc., PT Budi Starch & Sweetener Tbk and SPAC Tapioca Product Ltd.
• The continuous development of new products has enabled the starch industry to continue its expansion.
Expert Market Research has analysed the global cassava starch market according to end-use, major regions and top players:
Market breakup by End-Use
• Modified Starch
• Sago Pearl
Market breakup by Region
• North America
• Middle East and Africa
• South America
• T.C.S Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd.
• Eiamheng Tapioca Starch Industry Co., Ltd.
• SUNRISE International, Inc.
• PT Budi Starch & Sweetener Tbk
• SPAC Tapioca Product Ltd.
Expert Market Research (EMR) is a market research and consultancy firm providing syndicated and custom research along with consultancy services to a wide clientele base which includes Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium enterprises. With our tailored approach, the clients gain valuable and unbiased insights that help to improve their competitive edge and realize sustainable growth.
With a keen focus on the qualitative aspect as well as accuracy of the reports, we align our resources and services as per the client’s requirement and offer a flexible engagement model that best suits their needs. We offer market intelligence across a range of industry verticals which include Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverage, Technology, Retail, Chemical & Materials, Energy & Mining, Packaging and Agriculture.
The Europe dairy market is aided by the growth in the milk industry, whose output increased by 0.7% in 2018, as compared to 2017, to reach 226.7 million tonnes. Europe cheese export saw a growth of 2....
The North American dairy market has been growing over the last few years being driven by an increasing milk production in the region. The total milk output in North America was 108.6 million tonnes in...
The Asia Pacific dairy market is being driven by the growth of the Asia milk industry whose output is expected to increase by about 4% in 2019. Asia Pacific is one of the leading dairy markets along ...
The milk output in North America hiked by 1.3% in 2018, as compared to 2017, to attain a volume of 108.6 million tons. The North America dairy market was supported by the US milk production, with the ...
In 2018, the food fortification premix market in India attained a volume of more than 440 metric tons and was valued at more than INR 1.7 Billion in 2018 owing to robust demand. The market witnessed a...
Have any queries or concern?