Global Sorbitol Market Key Insights:
- Global Sorbitol Market Overview
- Feedstock: Corn, Cassava, Wheat
- Market Performance & Price Trends 2018
- Regional Market Analysis & Outlook 2019-2024
- Demand by Application & Region
Global Sorbitol Market Outlook
The global sorbitol market attained a volume of about 2.4 million metric tons in 2017. Increasing awareness towards health has led to a greater demand for low-calorie foods which has, in turn, contributed to a steady growth of the global sorbitol market over the past few years. During the forecasted period of 2019-2024, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.3% owing to a multitude of sorbitol applications across several types of industries.
Although a number of feedstocks can be used for making sorbitol, the choice of feedstock mainly depends upon the total cost of production and the ease of availability in the region. Corn, cassava and wheat represent the most popular feedstock for sorbitol production.
Get a Free Sample Report For Market Study - https://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=108&flag=B
Sorbitol: Properties and Applications
Sorbitol, a six-carbon sugar alcohol, occurs in plants naturally. It can also be synthesised through catalytic hydrogenation of D-glucose to produce D-sorbitol. Sorbitol has non-cariogenic and sweetening properties due to which it is used in toothpaste and oral care products, beverages, ice-creams, jams, syrups, candies, jellies, etc. It is also used as a laxative.
Several other applications include:
- Cosmetics and Personal care
- Animal Feed
Global Sorbitol Market Analysis
China was the greatest consumer of sorbitol with almost 40% of the world’s total consumption in 2016. Asia Pacific remained the largest market for sorbitol in 2016 with more than half of the global market share and is likely to maintain this position in years to come due to favourable government policies and greater FDI flows for pharmaceutical and personal care firms in India and China.
The market for sorbitol in North America and Europe is anticipated to exhibit steady growth in the forecasted years due to the growing home and personal care and food and beverage industry in the region followed by economies such as India, Thailand and Indonesia.
Inconsistencies in price and supply of raw materials, side-effects due to over-consumption of sorbitol and international regulations are factors that may hinder the growth of sorbitol market. A detailed market analysis including the price movement and regional market scenario of the sorbitol feedstock such as corn, cassava, wheat, etc. is offered in this report.
- ADM announced a proposed acquisition of Neovia, a global provider of value-added animal nutrition solutions with 72 production facilities and a presence in 25 countries.
- Cargill has launched a farm-based program raising food starch sustainability across Europe that helps farmers to continuously improve their practices and reduce their impact on the environment in corn growing areas
The report presents a detailed analysis of the following key players covering their capacities, market share and latest turn of events such as mergers and acquisitions, capacity expansions and plant turnarounds in the global sorbitol market:
- Roquette Frères SA
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Ingredion, Incorporated
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Tereos Starch & Sweeteners
- Shandong Tianli Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- PT Sorini Agro Asia Corporindo Tbk
- Kasyap Sweeteners Ltd.
EMR’s comprehensive report on global sorbitol market also offers additional insights on value chain analysis, manufacturing process, trade data analysis and cost breakdown and margins.