Global Maltodextrin Market Key Insights:
- Demand by Application & Region
- Market Performance & Price Trends 2018
- Market Analysis & Outlook 2019-2024
- Capacity Addition & Plant Turnarounds
Global Maltodextrin Market Outlook
The global maltodextrin market stood at about 3.8 million MT in 2018, higher by 6% from a year ago. Advancements in maltodextrin manufacturing technology along with the increased use of maltodextrin in the chemical and animal feed industries would further drive the market growth and provide new opportunities to market players.
Get a Free Sample Report For Market Study - https://www.expertmarketresearch.com/request?type=report&id=101&flag=B
China, being a major producer of maltodextrin products, is expected to witness significant growth in its market. In recent years, maltodextrin use has increased in the APAC, Middle East and African regions. The market in these regions is expected to continue adding value during the forecasted period of 2019 to 2024 and would flourish at a higher CAGR of about 5% due to the growing use of maltodextrin products in food and as replacement of sugar.
Maltodextrin: Properties and Applications
Maltodextrin, a polysaccharide, is derived from starch through partial hydrolysis and used as a food additive. It generally appears as a white hygroscopic spray-dried powder and is often used in soft and energy drinks, infant foods, breweries, ice-creams, candy and other types of processed foods. Some of its properties are:
- Easily digestible
- Absorbed rapidly
- Moderately sweet or flavourless
Maltodextrin is used as a horticultural insecticide both in the field and in greenhouses. It also finds usage in pharmaceuticals such as in the form of diluents in tablets and coating material for the microencapsulation of various sensitive nutraceuticals like vitamins.
Global Maltodextrin Market Analysis
The largest use of maltodextrin is in the food & beverage industry followed by health & personal care, pharmaceutical and agricultural industry.
North America and Europe have been significant drivers of growth over the past years due to their increasing consumption of ice-creams, and sports and instant drinks. These regions are expected to continue to drive the market towards growth during 2019-2024.
Asia is the largest producer of maltodextrin and accounts for almost half of the global production.
Limitations: Latin America, South America and Central Europe may see a decrease in demand for maltodextrin in the years to come. Health concerns such as blood sugar, extra fat, allergic reactions, weight gain, chronic inflammatory diseases, etc. may hinder market growth. Greater demand for gums as substitutes for glucose, dextrose and maltodextrin may also limit market growth. People with gluten intolerance may also not prefer maltodextrin products.
- ADM has introduced a new line of speciality tapioca starches and tapioca maltodextrin ingredients in partnership with Vedan International Limited. ADM’s tapioca maltodextrin is non-GMO and is available in an organic version. ADM’s tapioca modified starches are also non-GMO.
- In July 2018, Tate & Lyle introduced TASTEVA M Stevia Sweetener, a Reb M stevia sweetener which can be used for reduced-sugar products for food and beverage. The sweetener is produced from stevia leaf extracts and tastes like sugar.
The report presents a detailed analysis of the following key players covering their capacities, market share and latest turn of events such as mergers and acquisitions, capacity expansions and plant turnarounds in the global market:
- Cargill Incorporated
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Shandong Xiwang Group Co., Ltd.
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Roquette Frères SA
- Tereos Starch & Sweeteners
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
- Avebe U.A.
- Matsutani Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
EMR’s comprehensive report on the global maltodextrin market also offers additional insights on value chain analysis, manufacturing process, trade data analysis and cost breakdown and margins.